Hound Happenings: October 27, 2009
A few things that might interest readers:
- PBS stations are showing a program based on the book The Botany of Desire: A Plant's-Eye View of the World by Michael Pollan. I highly recommend reading Botany of Desire and am excited to watch the show. Watch a preview here. Columbus residents can view Botany of Desire on Wednesday October 28 at 8 pm.
- Wayward Seed farms is offering a Thanksgiving CSA. Their Thanksgiving box includes the turkey, local ingredients for nearly every dish you could care to make, and a tote for $165. Register now as I would expect this to sell out.
- Pearl Alley Market moves indoors starting next Tuesday and Worthington indoors farmers market opens November 21, just in time for Thanksgiving.
- I went to a fun networking and marketing class last night called Hands on Small Business. Amy Turn Sharp of Little Alouette led the event. There are three more dates in central Ohio and I encourage you to attend one if you are a current or aspiring entrepreneur.
- You might have noticed I added an email subscription option. For those of you who don't use a feed reader (Hi Mom!), you can get all posts delivered to your inbox.
- Voting in Ohio is next Tuesday, the 3rd. Some polling places are open now for early voting. Please take the time to vote NO on Issue 2.