Sustainable Eating & Gardening Events: November 2009
I just added a slew of events to the Hound-approved Events Calendar. Get out in our wide world and enjoy it!
- OSU Fall Tree Sale ~ Nov 5 - 7 ~ Hardwoods, shrubs, and native species including pawpaws for $5 - $45 each ~ OSU Teaching and Research Nursery (2490 Carmack Road)
- Live Fire Cooking Theater ~ Sundays Nov 1 - 29 12 - 2 pm~ Wood fired cooking demonstrations, free with admission ~ Franklin Park Conservatory
- Kids Cook Classes ~ Thursdays Nov 5 - 19 4:15 - 5 pm ~ Cooking with Rachel for 3 - 6 year olds ~ Sprout Soup
- Beer Brewing ~ Saturday Nov 7 9 - 11 am ~ Learn a brown ale recipe from brewing judge Frank Barickman ~ Wild Goose Creative
- Ohio Local Foods Roundtable ~ Thursday November 12 10 - 5:30 ~ Organizations around Ohio will gather to explore how they might work together ~ Ohio Dept of Ag 8995 E Main Street Reynoldsburg
- Let's Talk Loofahs ~ Sunday Nov 15 11 am - 12:30 pm ~ Loofah growing tips including seeds, free with admission ~ Franklin Park Conservatory
- Girl's Night Out ~ Friday Nov 11 7 - 9 pm ~ Music, surrey rides, and 25% off all purchases ~ Oakland Park Nursery Columbus location
- Holiday Festivities ~ Saturday and Sundays starting November 28 12 - 4 pm ~ Santa visits, holiday decor workshops, music, ice sculpting ~ Oakland Park Nursery all locations
I'll be pulling together a calendar for December too. If you have an event to add to this month or one in the future, please email me or comment below.