Meal Plan March 20, 2011
For the next two weeks, I am teaching full time at Franklin Park Conservatory for their Growing Young Chefs from the Ground Up spring break camps. There is still time to register for March 28-April 1! I am looking forward to all the fun activities planned but having me out of the house all day two weeks in a row is really going to change the way things work around here. Ingredients and Influences:
- We want to keep things simple to prepare and cleanup.
- We'll use up food from the freezer and pantry, including homemade tamales and tomato sauce.
- We have a whole cauliflower, a bag of spinach greens, some crimini mushrooms, and big bag of yellow and green beans from our trial Green B.E.A.N. delivery box.
- We have a hunk of mozzarella and provolone in the fridge that need to be used.
- Despite today being the first day of spring, it looks like winter will make a comeback towards the end of the week.
Sunday - Alex brewing beer for his brother's wedding during the day, we're contributing a salad to family dinner at his parents.
Monday - homemade pizza topped with homemade pancetta and mushrooms, spinach salad
Tuesday - from the freezer pork tamales, roasted cauliflower
Wednesday - dinner out with my family
Thursday - spaghetti and home canned sauce and leftover cauliflower
Friday - pad thai with green beans
Saturday - wedding shower and bachelor/ette parties for Alex's brother Ben and fiancée Kim. I think Alex will smoke chicken wings for Ben's bachelor party and pork loin for the April charcutepalooza challenge.