New Experiences in the Old Hometown
Ale, Lil and I have lived in Columbus, Ohio for a combined total of over fifty years. This city is surprising in its depth and there are hundreds of places and experiences we have never had in and around our hometown. Taking inspiration from Kate's list of things she wants to do in Columbus, here are new things (or things we haven't done in a LONG time) we want to do this summer:
Check out the Columbus Commons(Done on 5/27 before I even got this post out of the cue; can you spot me in Cbus Mom's review?)
- Explore the Columbus Museum of Art Center for Creativity
- Trek to The Wilds
- Spend a day at Aha!, the Boonshoft Museum, or another children's museum nearby
- Walk around Serpent Mound
- Take an OEFFA Farm Tour or two
- Read with the Columbus Metro Library Summer Reading Club I'm participating as an adult for the first time!
- Visit the Franklin County Fair
View the COSI Dinosaur Exhibit(Done 5/31 on a fantastically not crowded day.)
- Shop the Athens Farmer's Market
- Camp at a new-to-us Ohio State Park (I'm thinking Kelly's Island)
- Go bowling, ice skating, and/or roller skating Lil has never done any of these!
- Watch a performance in a park
I will update this post as we check things off the list.
Do you have any must-see Ohio places to recommend? What are you up to this summer?
PS. I realize that it isn't officially summer until June 21, but with the stinking hot weather I think we can start planning, don't you?