Bulk Flour Co-op
We are all out of bulk flour so we are offering a group buy again. We order fifty pound bags of King Arthur brand flours through a wholesale company. The flour is high quality and manufactured in an employee owned co-operative business. This time around, we are able to get organic bread flour. Yay!
Group Buy Details
- The flour comes in whole fifty pound bags.
- Orders are due Tuesday June 28, 2011 at noon.
- People who order will receive an email by 8 pm Tuesday night with their total and payment instructions.
- Payment by paypal (preferred), cash, or check is due Saturday July 2 at noon.
- Flour will be delivered on July 7 or 8.
- Flour will be delivered to Sprout Soup at 4310 N High Street near Cooke and High. Quick pickup is a must.
- In the interest of full disclosure, the price includes a small handling fee for my time organizing the group and unloading the flour sacks.
About the Flours
BAKERS ORGANIC CLASSIC 50# $43.22 Milled from 100% certified organic hard red spring wheat, with similar characteristics to the King Arthur Special. The result is a flour suitable for a wide range of baked goods with excellent mixing and baking characteristics.
FLOUR SPECIAL MALTED ENRICHED 50# $27.74 Special Malted Enriched is a medium protein general purpose wheat flour.
FLOUR WHEAT WHOLE WHITE 50# $32.81 Wheat whole white is 100% whole wheat ground as white and substituted up to 100% in most recipes. I use this for everything except pie crust, roux, and 50% bread flour in sandwich bread.
HARVEST FLOUR SIR GALAHAD 50# $25.39 Sir Galahad is an enriched flour from hard red winter wheat.
HARVEST FLOUR SIR LANCELOT 50# $35.64 Sir Lancelot is enriched hi-gluten bread flour. Necessary for high quality bread.
PS. I also organize a monthly group buy of herbs and toiletries from Frontier Co-op with pickup at Sprout Soup. Email me if you are interested.
Related: How to Store Bulk Flour