Urban Homestead For Sale!
You can read all about the 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, 2 car garage, new windows and kitchen on the MLS listing.
If you're a visual person, check out the slideshow.
But if you want to know what it's really like to live in our house, here are the top five things I will miss once we move:
1) Walking everywhere - Picking up milk, organic produce, and other groceries at the Clintonville Co-op is a short five minute walk. We are eight minutes from a ravine in either direction. If Lil were going to school at Indianola Alternative, she would need to leave the house approximately three minutes before the first bell. Post office, bars, coffee shops, restaurants, funky shops, the Olentangy trail, and more are all mere minutes away on foot or bike.
2) Active community - A week or so ago I was spray painting something in the backyard. My neighbor two doors down stuck her head out of the second story window to check in and make sure it was me and not some mischievous teens tagging a garage. People on this street shovel sidewalks, pick up recycle bins, remind you if the garage door is up, fill you in on local building projects, etc. It's a friendly place.
3) Sweet-ass kitchen - (those were Alex's words) From comfy cork floors to hand crafted countertops to the stove that vents outside to keep the house cool to the pass through into the dining room, this kitchen is perfect for us. It is perfect for anyone who cooks a lot.
4) Micro-climate - Because our backyard garden is surrounded by houses and backs up to a big brick church, the soil stays a little warmer than outlying areas. We rarely have frost when the suburbs do. Hawks and other predators can't get to our chicken yard because of the church and orientation of the yard too.
5) Perennial edibles - Seven fruit trees, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, rhubarb, leeks, herbs and more will feed the next person or family who tends the homestead. Many of these are just coming into maturity and so we have not enjoyed the literal fruits of our labor. We will leave care instructions and offer a garden orientation to the buyers if they want it!
If all of this sounds like something you or someone you know would want in a home, we would be very grateful if you would pass along the details about our homes for sale. Thanks!
Update on the buying side: We have a house we would like to make an offer on and are working on the details. We can't wait to reveal our next homestead!