Spread the Love Sunday & Ohio History Center Giveaway!
Now that I have the bad news of the chicken slaughter off my chest, it's time to share some good news:
1) First, I'm thrilled to announce that I was selected to be part of the US delegation to Slow Food International's Terra Madre and Salone de Gusto in Turin, Italy this October! I'm excited to represent small farmers at the conference and to learn from more experienced growers and food producers. Soon, I'll share details about how you can participate by supporting the delegation through farm-to-table fundraisers.
2) My friends Joel and Dana of WellPreserved.ca just announced their book project and The Home Ec Big Outdoor Party. Congrats to them! If you happen to live or visit the Toronto area in mid September, I'm sure the party will be a blast.
3) Have you heard about The Commissary? It's a new commercial test kitchen, co-working space, and connection point for the central Ohio food community being built in Grandview. I support their Kickstarter campaign to outfit the community space where folks can hold cooking classes, private events, and pop-up restaurants. Can you support them too?
4) Not another Kickstarter?! Well, yes. The Shazzbots, a seriously entertaining kids band in Columbus is raising money for a TV pilot. We've loved the Shazzbots since Lil was a little duder and any time we can encourage decent television among the stratosphere of mind-rotting junk, we want to support that. Give the Shazzbots TV pilot project a look - they even have a $1 reward!
5) Sprout It gardening app is holding a Jeni's ice cream contest just for trying out their garden planning software. The info in the software is solid and it automatically sends email reminders with growing tips. Download the app and enter the contest by Monday.
6) To spread the love to you, I'm giving away three two-packs of tickets to the Ohio Village & Museum provided by the newly-rebranded Ohio History Connection. The 1800s historical Ohio Village includes a town hall, school, church, houses, barns, and more.
We visited the Soldier's Aid fair a few weeks ago and saw tin type photography in action. Another favorite part of the village is the gardens that include chickens this year!
If you want to visit the Ohio Village & Museum with a friend, tell me how you're spreading the love these days. Leave a comment below by Thursday, July 3. I will choose three random winners on 7.4.14.