Notes & VOTE
Day four of NaBloPoMo and I'm already succumbing to a list post? I have a host of random things I want to share:
- Order your turkeys - Local grocers are taking pre-orders for turkeys. I like Bowman and Landes for an affordable turkey that still supports a local farm. If you have the ability to indulge, go for a Bourbon Red through Hills Market - we had one last year and all guests agreed it was the very best turkey they'd ever tasted!
- Check out the Situating Food forum on planning new urban food systems at OSU this Friday and Saturday.There's no cost; pre-registration is required.
- I just heard about the Save Seeds Now symposium happening in Oxford Ohio next month. Registration is free but limited to the first 75 participants.
- Jan Brett, one of our favorite children's book authors, will be at the Ohio National Poultry show this Saturday, November 9, at 10 am. She's promoting her new book Cinders, a Chicken Cinderella. Read our recap of Ohio National Poultry 2012.
- Tomorrow is election day. Please do your research, take your children, and vote. Today, I shared why I'm voting no on issues 50 & 51 (Columbus school levy) on the It's Ok To Vote No website.